Ring rolling is a highly productive, CNC-controlled forming process for manufacturing seamless rings and bushings (Inspiration). Unlike bent and welded rings, rings manufactured in this way have no seams. Their structure is thus homogeneous and the grain flow appropriately designed in circumferential direction.
The use of material is optimal, unlike rings made from laminate or solids. There is no use of superfluous, often very expensive material.
- Thin-walled rings
- Multiple rings, cast and finish-machined
- Rings made of aluminium materials
In combination with drop forging, an incredible number of different, affordable components can be realised.
The benefits of ring rolling
- Perfectly round rings with clean, smooth surfaces and minimal machining allowance
- Rough turning generally not needed, ideal for direct CNC fabrication
- Homogeneous structure sealed tight against gas and liquids, with appropriate grain flow
- Outstanding mechanical properties
- Practically no set-up costs
- For individual parts and also runs (Inspiration)
- Economical use of material, components can be recycled
- Wide range of materials
- Diameters: from 200 to 3000 mm
- Axial height max. 600 mm
Weights and dimensions may deviate from these specifications in individual cases. Please contact us to discuss your specific case.